- I have not received my login details, what do I do next?
- I get Verification Failed when I try to log into the application.
- How can I switch from Trial mode to the Full Version?
- My save button is grayed out, how do I enable saving?
- What do the different colored text in the Media Collection List mean?
- How do I run the application as an administrator?
- How do I change the order of cast, genres, studios, etc?
I have not received my login details, what do I do next?¶
If it's been over 24 hours and you have not received your login details, then first please check your spam to see if the email has been marked as spam. If you have not received any email then please send me an email to resolve any issues.
I get Verification Failed when I try to log into the application.¶
If you see "Verification Failed" with no other message when trying to log into the application then please try the following steps:
- Ensure that you have .NET Framework 4 FULL installed (not client profile). Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Run the application as Administrator specifically by Right Click->Run as Administrator.
- Ensure that no firewall, anti-virus or proxy is blocking meta<browser/> from accessing the internet.
- Make sure that the clock on your machine is set correctly.
- Make sure to use the same username/password that was first emailed to you as changing the password on the website does not change it for the application.
How can I switch from Trial mode to the Full Version?¶
Click on the Login button on the main application ribbon to enter the username/password that was e-mailed to you.
- OR -
- Close meta<browser/>
- Delete the USER folder
- Windows 7/Vista: C:\ProgramData\MetaBrowser 2.0 (The ProgramData folder is a hidden folder by default in Windows)
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MetaBrowser 2.0
- Restart meta<browser/>
- Login using the username/password that was e-mailed to you
My save button is grayed out, how do I enable saving?¶
All locals and savers are now plugins and you need to have atleast one local and saver plugin installed for meta<browser/> to function properly. To enable saving to go Settings->Movies->Savers or Settings->TV->Savers and enable the savers you want to use to save your metadata.
What do the different colored text in the Media Collection List mean?¶
- Red - No metadata exists
- Blue - Some of the required metadata to be considered complete is missing (Hover your mouse over media items with blue text to see what fields have missing metadata)
- Green - All metadata fields that are required to be considered complete are complete
You can specify what fields need to have a value for metadata to be considered complete by selecting your fields in Metadata Complete Fields.
You can also specify the highlight colors to use by setting your colors in Settings->Misc.
How do I run the application as an administrator?¶
To run meta<browser/> as an administrator, Right Click on the shortcut and click on Run as administrator.
Also, you can set the application to always run as administrator by Right Click->Properties->Compatibility Tab->Run this program as administator.
* Note: The shortcut will get reset when updating metabrowser to a new version, so you will have to repeat the above steps after an update.
How do I change the order of cast, genres, studios, etc?¶
You can easily change the order of items by selecing one (or multiple by holding the CTRL key) and dragging them to the new position. Make sure to hit save for changes to take affect.