Actor links to local thumbs?

Added by casperse 8 days ago

Hi

I have been using this great tools for years, and things are changing I am now using the XBMC/KODI NFO files on my plex server.
And they finally incorperated actor thumbs but I need links to them in the NFO files?

Is there any way to generate actor links to Thumbs located in the ".Actor" dir using meta<browser> and add them to the NFO file?

Best regards
Casperse

Replies (3)

RE: Actor links to local thumbs? - Added by casperse 5 days ago

It seems that Plex only can use links.

@casperse:
I gave it a try, but it doesn't work. The plex field for the actor thumb seems to take an url only. Putting a local path and filename into it makes plex show no actor at all. Loading the thumb and assigning the cached content to the field doesn't work either. So at the moment there is nothing in my knowledge I can do to assign local actor thumbs. Sorry.

So can meta<browser> do the same as EMBER and input the links to actors in the NFO?
(Ember Media Manager to store in *.nfo the actor thumb URL and also the picture inside the .actors folder.)

RE: Actor links to local thumbs? - Added by casperse 5 days ago

Please see attachment from PLEX

Actors.jpg - Plex cant show actors without links in the NFO file (124.9 kB)

RE: Actor links to local thumbs? - Added by fatal 5 days ago

Hey,

I use Kodi and I, personally, don't use .Actor folders (it just repeats actors for no reason in each movie folder), instead I just have all actor thumbs in one central location and put the smb path in the <actor> nodes...for example:

<actor>
    <name>Benedict Cumberbatch</name>
    <role>Stephen Strange / Doctor Strange</role>
    <thumb>smb://192.168.10.10/disk1/MediaBrowser/ImagesByName/People/B/Benedict Cumberbatch/folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>

I know plex was originally an XBMC fork, so does the above format not work for plex?

Let me know.

Take Care

(1-3/3)