Sorting / Moving files to appropriate folders...question

Added by Andy_D 5 months ago

I've been using Metabrowser for years and in that time I've been manually moving stuff to their applicable folders without realizing that Metabrowser can help with this. Doh

Anyway, I have the monitoring folders set up but I'm confused on how the destination folders work. I can specify TV or Movies for monitoring but I can't seem to do the same for destination. My assumption was that if I have a file like...

tv show name s01e01 in my monitored folder that Metabrowser would move this file to the shared folder \\TV\TV Show Name\Season 1\

Am I misunderstanding what this feature does? I'm looking to be pretty much hands free when it comes to renaming and moving files which I have been ignorantly doing this manually for far too long.

Replies (6)

RE: Sorting / Moving files to appropriate folders...question - Added by Andy_D 5 months ago

I ended up doing a Google search to find info on this...

http://www.themetabrowser.com/boards/2/topics/5136?r=5166

But it doesn't make sense. I'll have to see how it ends up working but I don't understand how it will know when something doesn't exist and should be added to the appropriate folder. Like how does it know to properly check a TV folder vs a Movies folder to see if a video should be in either.

RE: Sorting / Moving files to appropriate folders...question - Added by Andy_D 5 months ago

TV shows seem to work. Movies do not. Not clear if there is anything specific that needs to be configured for movie scanning / moving but as of now files in the folder are not moved

RE: Sorting / Moving files to appropriate folders...question - Added by brainfryd 5 months ago

i think you are on right track and it is a little ambiguous to start with how setup more than one monitored location. The trick is the 'destination location' save field changes depending on which 'monitored location' field you have selected in the monitored locations box. I'll try and attach mine to show you

movies sorting.JPG (88.5 kB)

tv sorting.JPG (52.3 kB)

Hah I definitely didn't notice that. Makes sense but didn't even think it would behave that way. Thank you. I'll give it a try

RE: Sorting / Moving files to appropriate folders...question - Added by fatal 5 months ago

Hey,

Yeah it's not inherently obvious that each monitored location needs to have their own destination locations setup...so, as brainfryd mentioned, you setup your destination folders based on which monitored location you have selected.

Take Care

No worries I got it. It does make sense that the destinations should be different. I guess I was expecting something more like the source where you tag the destination with the specific media type instead of clicking on each of the different sources. It makes sense though

(1-6/6)