Stop Sort Title field populating

Added by jmccl069 9 months ago

Can anyone help with stopping the Sort Title field populating when fetching TV Episode data?

It populates with the Episode Name which in turn alters the sorting when viewed in Emby WMC so that the episodes do not appear in order.

I have just installed Windows 10 & reinstalled Metabrowser. The previous install (Windows 7) did not populate Sort Title. Is it a recent change with the data or am I missing a setting in Metabrowser?

Thanks.

Replies (16)

RE: Stop Sort Title field populating - Added by Castle1212 7 months ago

Did you ever get a response to this, or come up with a solution? I am having the same problem. i recently reinstalled and now it populates the sort title field on TV eps. I didn't used to do thias.

Please help.

Thanks.

RE: Stop Sort Title field populating - Added by jmccl069 7 months ago

Hello,

I haven't found a solution for this yet. I have gone through every option I can find in the settings but can't find one to turn the sort title field fetching off.

Anyone else have any ideas?

RE: Stop Sort Title field populating - Added by mrtwopoints 7 months ago

I second this. The sort title populating field only recently began for me in the last two weeks and it makes sorting and next up items in Emby impossible to use.

RE: Stop Sort Title field populating - Added by jordy1955 7 months ago

Yeah, I'm the same. Something happened over the last two weeks. I can only think that a Windows 10 update has caused it because there have not been any updates to MetaBrowser for months. Hope Fatal can find time to fix it...

I'm using Windows Server 2012 R2. Same issue.

Anyone know of a fix for this yet? It's making using this software incredibly time consuming. Fatal? Are you out there?

RE: Stop Sort Title field populating - Added by fatal 7 months ago

Hey,

Can you explain to me what the issue is exactly? Doesn't Emby allow sorting by Episode Name or Episode Number instead of the Sort Title for tv series? The sort title of episodes is not something new, it was added when Emby supported the Sort Title for the episode metadata.

Looking at the code, if you are using only "TVDb" as your episode fetcher (and not default) then the issue can be fixed by adding a mapping in metabrowser to turn "Episode Title, The" back to "The Episode Title"...if not, then currently there is no easy option (other than maybe adding post process through the post processing plugin)...the code change is easy and I see where I missed applying the mapping but will require a code change.

Let me know.

Take Care

For TV episodes, the Sort Title Field used to not populate. However approximately a month ago, simply refreshing an item in the TV category copies the Episode Name field into the Sort Title field.

Emby is designed to sort by Episode number, unless it detects that there is information in the Sort Title field, in which case it will then sort by that metadata.

At this point my process has been to add the new episode in metabrowser, process it, lock the items, and then access the xml file in notepad and delete the information out of the Sort Title field. This is inconvenient for adding new titles, but would make adding a new entire series incredibly time consuming. I'm hoping theres a way to revert back to keeping the Sort Title field empty. I'm not sure what has caused this change though.

Emby will not allow sorting by episode number. There are a number of sorting options including name/air date/rating etc but episode number is not one of them.

I have tried clearing the Sort Title Field and then saving the metadata but it still writes the Sort Title Field to the xml file. At this point I too am manually editing the xml file to remove the sort title field which is very inconvenient & as mrtwopoints said above would make adding entire series very time consuming indeed.

When fetching episodes you can choose to exclude certain fields... SortTitle is not one of them... <fatal/> can you add that to an exclusion? ... I just added an entire series and had to manually edit every xml for each episode to make it appear properly... Pain in the ass indeed!!!

RE: Stop Sort Title field populating - Added by fatal 6 months ago

Hey,

I have this fixed, I will send an update to metabrowser next week...I think I rushed the way the SortTitle needed to populate and it wasn't available as an option to not fetch it (like all other fields are).

To add though, looking at the history, this is not a new change and has been this way for a very long time, so something must have changed with MediaBrowser recently that has caused you guys to notice this issue?

Take Care

RE: Stop Sort Title field populating - Added by jmccl069 6 months ago

<fatal/>

Thanks for sorting this out for us... Look forward to testing it out... Will let you know how it goes...

RE: Stop Sort Title field populating - Added by KnowEyeDear 6 months ago

Gidday,

What's the timeframe on this fix, it has certainly been annoying.

Cheers

RE: Stop Sort Title field populating - Added by KnowEyeDear 6 months ago

fatal wrote:

Hey,

I have this fixed, I will send an update to metabrowser next week...I think I rushed the way the SortTitle needed to populate and it wasn't available as an option to not fetch it (like all other fields are).

To add though, looking at the history, this is not a new change and has been this way for a very long time, so something must have changed with MediaBrowser recently that has caused you guys to notice this issue?

Take Care

Hi Fatal,

When should we expect to see this 'fix' released to us?? I realize it's not a major problem in the grand schemes, but for those of us that it affects, it is certainly quite annoying.

Thank you for your work
Cheers

RE: Stop Sort Title field populating - Added by jmccl069 5 months ago

<fatal/>

Any update on the release of the fix? I have a number of series I am waiting to add and don't want to have to edit every episode manually.

RE: Stop Sort Title field populating - Added by KnowEyeDear 4 months ago

Having grown tired of waiting for this 'fix' to be implemented, I have located another means of accomplishing the desired result in a not too difficult fashion.

You will need to have Notepad++ installed and configure the 'Find In Files' configured as per the attached image.

!!

All you need do is to browse for your own particular root folder for your TV series.

Cheers

SortTitle Fix.JPG (42.3 kB)

(1-16/16)