tmdb is not fetching and something is causing MB to drop info?

Added by icedragonslair 5 months ago

This maybe two separate issues:

First - Seems that tmdb is not fetching and/or saving much of the data it is set too fetch.

I get nothing when it comes to plot,type, mpaa rating, release date, runtime, rating, etc.
It has been doing this for a little while now (a month or two), and i've checked all the settings and replaced the program (from scratch) and plugin. but it's really become apparent that it is really at the fault of the plugin now.

Second - Something is making drop info, usually only original title and aspect ration (i know its weird), this is very random. Has anyone even had this happen to them before and could this be the result of KODI removing data as it scans?

Thanks for everything and hope all is well with you,

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all,

Ice

Replies (6)

RE: tmdb is not fetching and something is causing MB to drop info? - Added by icedragonslair 4 months ago

Are we going to see this plugin updated so it works, at this time my metabrowser is once again just on the shelf not being used...

RE: tmdb is not fetching and something is causing MB to drop info? - Added by icedragonslair 3 months ago

Yeah, once again looking for alternatives, this seems to be the norm as of late....Please fatal....pass the torch

RE: tmdb is not fetching and something is causing MB to drop info? - Added by fatal 3 months ago

Hey,

I sent you an email about your issue a while ago, please check your spam.

TMDb does not fetch plot (only description). Also, type is not something that is fetched, check your settings for type under Settings -> Mappings -> Type.

I just fetched using TMDb and it returned all values as expected (test 3-4 movies)....please check your settings under Settings -> Movies -> Fetchers and select the TMDb fetcher...then on the right of it, under "fetch fields" make sure that all the checkboxes are checked.

If you have a particular movie where you are having an issue I can see what results I get.

As for Kodi (which I use), make sure you set your fetcher for Kodi as "Local Metadata" only...this will ensure that nothing changes automatically and will only keep info/etc based on your local metadata.

Take Care

RE: tmdb is not fetching and something is causing MB to drop info? - Added by icedragonslair 3 months ago

Fatal,

These are my settings, I have a video showing what is going on at this link [[http://icedragonslair.com/images/MB_VID.MOV]].

As you can see it is downloading pics but that is about it, the program is also not using the folder name as sort name (as it used to).
It seems to ignore everything that these plugins used to fetch.

I also misspoke about the plot...I meant description.

Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Rick

IMG_0427.JPG (4.4 MB)

IMG_0428.JPG (4.4 MB)

IMG_0429.JPG (4 MB)

RE: tmdb is not fetching and something is causing MB to drop info? - Added by fatal 3 months ago

Hey Rick,

Thanks for the video...the reason it is not downloading anything in the "Information" tab is b/c you have it set to not fetch...check the checkbox in the title bar of the "Information" panel and it will work as expected.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Take Care

Awesome thanks, its curious how something like that gets unchecked...my fat fingers...lol

(1-6/6)