Season episode getting processed twice

Added by HDRoadking_nc about 5 years ago

Having a weird issue with my metabrowser. When new episodes are are added to the season they are processed twice. I have to manually refresh the season for it to appear correctly. (see screenshot)

Anyone else having this issue? Its only with TV series, movies process fine.

Thanks,
Mike

Capture.PNG (12.4 kB)

Replies (8)

RE: Season episode getting processed twice - Added by fatal about 5 years ago

Hey,

Does this happen with all episodes or just some? I don't know if it's processing it twice, just seems like it's adding it twice to the media collection list. If you hover your mouse over each of the duplicates, are the filenames displayed as the same file?

Do you have any steps to reproduce or is it just random at times for episodes?

Edit: to add, how are the episodes added to the media collection list..using Episode Sorting or are you adding them manually?

Let me know.

Take Care

RE: Season episode getting processed twice - Added by HDRoadking_nc about 5 years ago

Seems to happen with all episodes. When I hover over the files in MB, the first points to the actual .mkv file....the duplicate points to an .nfo file. Also, heres a screenshot of the renaming log.

See attached screenshots.

Capture.PNG (75.4 kB)

Capture__1_.PNG (34.7 kB)

Hey,

the duplicate points to an .nfo file

Hum...I don't know why the duplicate (when you hover the mouse over the item in the media collection list) would point to the nfo file...do you have .nfo listed as a valid extension for video types in Settings->General?

What I think can happen in certain situations and only if "Real Time Monitoring" and "Fetch metadata when new items are detected" are enabled in Settings->General, is that the episode sorting moves the file and the real time monitoring also picks up the file and thus processes the same file twice.

I have altered a little bit of code around this which should help resolve this issue if this indeed is the issue.

Take Care

RE: Season episode getting processed twice - Added by HDRoadking_nc about 5 years ago

Not sure if this helps, but I was mistaken when I said the duplicate points to an .nfo file. I just added a new TV series and watched it process the entire thing and you can see by the screenshot attached that it doubles up on almost all of them. It processed the first 3 correctly and then the rest it doubles. When I hover over the episodes, they both point to the same .mkv file in the folder. I have to manually refresh the series or season to get it to display correctly.

I also have one other issue, but I'm not sure if it's just a setting I have wrong. When I add a movie to my monitored movie folder metabrowser added the year to the end of the name and it can't find the movie. For example, let's say I have the movie Thor and I have the folder that it's in named Thor (nothing else). When I drop it into the monitored folder and metabrowser searches for it, it appends the year i.e Thor (2012) to it and then it can't find the movie. I've checked all the settings in MB and in Settings -> Movies -> I do NOT have "append production year to search term" checked.

Love the program, but would really like to get these issues I'm having resolved.

Thanks,
Mike

Capture.PNG (353.8 kB)

Hey,

The first issue should be resolved in the next update with the duplicating of episodes (assuming you are using episode sorting feature in Settings->Sorting).

As for your 2nd issue, can you explain exactly what you mean? Are you using the movie sorting feature in Settings->Sorting? If not, please give me more details as to what steps you take.

Take Care

RE: Season episode getting processed twice - Added by HDRoadking_nc almost 5 years ago

Hey just a FYI, I've updated to the latest version of metabrowser and the duplicate episodes seem to still be an issue (see attached screenshot). I have to manually refresh the season for the duplicates to disappear.

Any thoughts?

Capture.PNG (15.8 kB)

RE: Season episode getting processed twice - Added by fatal almost 5 years ago

Hey,

Hum...I can't get this issue to reproduce...and I don't think I'm doing anything different than you are, sorting episodes to already existing series/seasons.

Do you have "Real time monitoring" enabled in Settings->General? If so, as a test, can you try disabling it and trying to sort your episodes and see if it duplicates it in the media collection list...

Take Care

(1-8/8)