Mediabrowser .nfo files

Added by ulrick65 4 months ago

Mediabrowser (Emby) has moved to nfo file rather than .xml and I was wondering if metabrowser would be updated for that. Emby still supports .xml but my guess is not forever. Is there an easy way to switch over? I know the XMBC saver creates nfo files (and a ton of other stuff I guess) but I am not sure that is exactly compatible with Mediabrowser.

Any help/guidance would be great.

Thanks.

Replies (3)

RE: Mediabrowser .nfo files - Added by serpi 3 months ago

ulrick65 wrote:

Mediabrowser (Emby) has moved to nfo file rather than .xml and I was wondering if metabrowser would be updated for that. Emby still supports .xml but my guess is not forever. Is there an easy way to switch over? I know the XMBC saver creates nfo files (and a ton of other stuff I guess) but I am not sure that is exactly compatible with Mediabrowser.

Any help/guidance would be great.

Thanks.

I asked a similar question an the emby forum, only a few days ago.

The answer was yes, use the force kodi plugin in metabrowser for saving, it's compatible.

Didn't try it myself yet, as it seems, all (picture) files will get duplicated with different names if used together with xml savers.

But there's still a xml reader plugin in emby server, I hope it will stay.

Ciao, Alfred

RE: Mediabrowser .nfo files - Added by ulrick65 3 months ago

Yes, I tried that but it seems to create a lot of files that are not relevant..or are different then what I would expect. Anyone tried to convert over and had any luck?

RE: Mediabrowser .nfo files - Added by NebularNerd about 1 month ago

It seems all the .nfo files are pretty much the same barring the odd tag here and there, the biggest issue is images. The xml and nfo savers use very different naming conventions to each other and Emby/MediaBrowser uses different names to the .nfo exporters. At present I'm sticking to xml saving and using Emby's now legacy xml plugin to read the data. If Metabrowser starts to see active updates again we may hopefully see a dedicated Emby saver.

(1-3/3)