Metabrowser Hanging During Initial Start

Added by antilog17 about 1 year ago

This week, metabrowser has been refusing to properly start up. I was wondering if something had changed in the subscription validation process since it wasn't running for so long and fatal just recently returned. When metabrowser first loads, it gets to the point of performing a cleanup and scanning the library and then the program "hangs" the window becomes unresponsive and the GUI blips out. The CPU usage skyrockets as if it is still scanning the library, but it never stops. I let it sit for a length of time easily twice what a "Rebuild" normally takes and the app was stuck. I was forced to close the program via Windows Task Manager. The only other thing I can think of is that something is screwy with the initial scan, but as I had run a rebuild just fine a couple of days before the recent computer reboot, I don't think that's likely the case. Any ideas?

metabrowserGUIBlip.png - See how the top gets all screwy (18.3 kB)

Replies (2)

RE: Metabrowser Hanging During Initial Start - Added by antilog17 about 1 year ago

Clarification, I managed to edit the options.xml file to disable the Refresh on Start, and now it loads and I can run a rebuild. And a subsequent refresh works. It appears to be the initial refresh that flakes out.

RE: Metabrowser Hanging During Initial Start - Added by billdickens 8 months ago

Thanks! I had the same hanging problem on start and your advice worked.
BTW, the options.xml location is: C:\ProgramData\MetaBrowser 2.0

(1-2/2)