Meta<browser/> DEAD AND BURIED

Added by Toxicman 2 months ago

This application is done. No support for a few years now and much of the metadata is no longer fulling in by the standard fetchers. So for those looking for a solution, check out tinyMediaManager! A great full featured alternative.

Replies (33)

RE: Meta<browser/> DEAD AND BURIED - Added by Aussiedroid@gmail.com about 1 month ago

Oh I should add regarding the person.nfo issue. My workaround right now is to extract these as nfo files, then using a bulk file renamer change the file extension from nfo to xml. This seem to work, but a bit messy in the long run as this would mean Metabrowser would download/create the nfo again if a show was rescanned. Leaving both nfo and xml in the folder. So I guess to put the issue more simply, an option to save with a xml extension in the XBMC saver instead of nfo would be essentially what is needed.

Cheers,
AD

RE: Meta<browser/> DEAD AND BURIED - Added by Aussiedroid@gmail.com about 1 month ago

Sorry to spam Fatal.

I found the field to deselect the sort title. Good news is that it seems to be working and not populating the sort title! Bad news, it seems if that tick box is selected it doesn't populate the sort title either. Not an issue for myself, but just wanted to let you know as others may want it to populate when ticked :)

RE: Meta<browser/> DEAD AND BURIED - Added by dansblackcat about 1 month ago

For me now no matter what I do the 'sort title' is being populated.
If metabrowser automatically get the metadata or if I right click and 'process episode' it now populates the sort title data.

Note: the above refers to TV episodes.
I just noticed that turning the sort title on/off works fine for movies but is broken for Tv episodes?

RE: Meta<browser/> DEAD AND BURIED - Added by ulrick65 about 1 month ago

Updated and all seems to be working fine for me. Thanks very much fatal...I am glad you were able to spend some time with it and keep it alive.

TMDb is working for me as well as IMDB. Of course getting the Youtube error still as you said.

RE: Meta<browser/> DEAD AND BURIED - Added by Toxicman about 1 month ago

would love to try it out but he hasn't processed my renewal! Argh this is frustrating! Can't update until he does.

RE: Meta<browser/> DEAD AND BURIED - Added by ulrick65 about 1 month ago

I think the issue with the Sort Title is that there is confusion between TV and Movies. For Movies, if you click the drop down on the "Update Fields" on the ribbon under the fetch section you will be able to turn on Sort Title fetch (put a check there) or turn it off (uncheck it). However, for TV shows...Sort Title is not listed there so you can't turn it off and with the new release it appears to be filling in the Sort Title all the time now (whereas I think in the old version, it did not when an auto fetch was done...only during a manual fetch).

Fatal: Can you add the ability to turn off the Sort Title for TV Shows as well please?

Thanks.

EDIT: As a side note, you can not delete Sort Title either for some reason anymore (I could before). Now when I delete it and hit SAVE, it simply puts it back.

On my end, I can see the sort title field for both TV Episodes & Movies, but not the TV Series as such. Just trying it my end and seems to align with what others are seeing. Just re-saved a TV series and it populated the Sort Title, but if I do it for a TV Episode it will not (regardless if the tick box is selected or not for the sort title).

RE: Meta<browser/> DEAD AND BURIED - Added by Toxicman 17 days ago

fatal wrote:

Hey,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, hope all of you are doing well...real life stuff has needed my attention and I have not been able to fix the issues noted by the users here recently....I will up updating the subscription dates for users for my absence (your metabrowser might need a restart once updated).

Can you guys let me know the issues you are experiencing?

-- IMDb plugin (fixed)
-- Sort Title issue (fixed)
-- Possibility of metadata saving with wrong movie folder (fixed)
-- Adult Fetchers
-- YouTube Fetcher

Take Care

Fatal,
Any chance of getting these other fetchers patched soon? Can I help maintain?

« Previous 1 2 (26-33/33)